I’ve been digging through the series of tubes, called the Internet, and I think I’ve come up with some nice pirate-themed goodies for the “Treasures of the Caribbean” contest. Let me know what you think . . .
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest Jack Sparrow compass CD player.
- I bought this years ago and meant to return it to the store (an mp3 player was more desirable). It’s been undisturbed in a closet until now.
- Revell “Caribbean Pirate Ship” plastic model kit.
- Originally released in 1960 (in conjunction with Disney) as “Peter Pan’s Pirate Ship Jolly Roger.” The model was/is a replica of the
- (a.k.a. Captain Hook’s pirate ship) that sat in
- Fantasyland until 1982. When the license with Disney ended, the model kit was re-released under different names.
I own this model (some day I’ll get around to putting it together), compared it to photos of the real thing, and it is pretty accurate.
- Various Master Replicas products (Davey Jones’ key, Tia Dalma’s locket, Jack Sparrow’s rings, etc.).
- Lovely replicas worthy of any POTC collector.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray movie trilogy.
- Yes, I said Blu-ray.
- Olszewski “Pirates of the Caribbean” attraction Pokitpal.
- The Art of Pirates of the Caribbean book.
- Tons of precious artwork from front to back! Most text are captions.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online game card(s).
- “Pirates of the Caribbean” attraction soundtrack.
If I make it to Disneyland any time soon, I’ll be on the lookout for more attraction-themed items like prints.
I also cannot stress enough how much any type of site donation would be appreciated. Money will be a little tight leading up to this event, so any help with site upkeep would be great!